When I was a kid, I was constantly looking for treasure. My friend Kelly and I would lug around hammers and shovels to every inch of our backyards in search of gold, diamonds, and all that glitters.
Today I look for treasure at the local thrift shops around town. San Antonio has a wealth of second-hand stores that have goodies at amazing prices. October is an especially good time to go digging for something special since many stores begin to display costumes that they have been storing throughout the year. You don’t have to be a DIY diva to create something unique. Just head out to any of the many shops mapped out HERE and be ready to hunt!
Top 5 Thrift Stores in San Antonio
- Texas Thrift 6776 Ingram Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Texas Thrift 6708 S Flores St, San Antonio, TX 78221
- Community Thrift 1047 SE Military Dr, San Antonio, TX 78214
- Thrift City 6804 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Boysville Auxillary Thrift 307 W Olmos Dr, San Antonio, TX 78212
I have often found that sometimes a piece of clothing will speak to me. It will tell me, “Hey, I know that I am a hideous sweater dress with randomly placed colorful sequins and I might seem too much for everyday wear. But, for Halloween you can turn me in to a cool 80s costume that is completely different than anything you will find at Spirit or Party City!”